12/21/2014

Texture tile.

Why don't we start the weekend with some creative mess?! :)

Today I'd like to show you a tiny mixed media tile full of interesting textures and eye catching colors.


I worked on an MDF 4x4" square and started with covering it with a thin layer of Clear Gesso.

Then I glued a few pieces of papers and lace with 3D Gloss Gel and added one more coat of Clear Gesso. I dried it with a heating tool and applied 3D Gloss Gel with a palette knife through one of my favourite Finnabair's stencil.


Then, the best part - colors! I used sprays made with Primary Elements powders in different shades of green, blue and gold.

Then I also added a little bit of navy blue Silk paint diluted with water.


After gluing two rusty metal pieces, I also painted all 3 dimensional textures withmetallic paste to create an aged look.

But my work still needed some contrast so I cleaned the bubbles with a wet wipe and painted the edges of my tile with Black Gesso using a sponge. In fact, it's a very easy technique but it needs some patience or a very good heating tool. :)

I hope you like it and maybe you'll create your own tiles. You can use them to decorate furniture or add some character to your room.

I think it can also be a very good idea for a Christmas present.

Have a nice weekend filled with creative experiments!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous project Kasia! Love all the texture and dimension! Thanks for the inspiration! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praca odważna i oryginalna. Na pewno nikt nie przejdzie obok niej obojętnie. Oryginalna kolorystycznie i ciekawie dobrana tekstura. Podziwiam. Z pozdrowieniami,
    Joasia
    Zapraszam do siebie: http://scrapbookingwedlugjoasi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive