12/31/2016

2016 Summary!

Now that 2016 is coming to an end it is finally the time for me to sit down and think about all those things that happened in the last 12 months. Events, dreams, things that I'm happy with or not, little treasures that I stumbled upon and experiences. Why not to put some of them together in a little blog post? Let's start it!

1. My favourite art project from 2016... is my everyday art diary. An art journal where I expressed myself almost everyday (a little abandoned at the end of the year). This gave me the courage and experience that I needed very much.



2. My favourite book that I read in 2016... The Diary of a Young Girl. I read it finally! I always knew I had to, but I would never have expected that it's going to influence the way I live so much. This book made me feel hungry for knowledge, pushed me to study things that I always wanted to explore and made me appreciate all the opportunities I have.


3. My favourite album that I listened to (obsessively) in 2016... is Robert Plant and Alison Krauss - "Raising Sand". I spent many hours in my studio art journaling and listening to these two. Delighting, exciting, inspiring and moving.



4. My favourite piece of art that I saw in 2016... is "The Jewish Bride" by Rembrandt. The experience of seeing it in real in Rijks museum was absolutely out of this world. The layers and the translucency of them... they left me speechless.


5. My favourite place that I visited in 2016... is Florence. Especially one moment in our journey was important to me - the first evening when we visited Piazza della Signoria and when I saw the statues (the beautiful "Rape of the Sabine Women"). It was at night... with not too many people around and a soothing and gentle music played on a clarinet by a musician hidden somewhere in the little and narrow streets of Florence. This I will never forget.


6. My favourite class that I taught in 2016... is Prayer Flags - one of my Wanderlust 2016 lessons. I loved making this video in our garden and I also really enjoyed the project. 


7. My favourite moment of 2016... is our wedding day. It was September and it was absolutely beautiful. It's definitely a memory to treasure.


8. My favourite "family" photos of 2016 are... Figa's selfies!



To me 2016 was a year full of changes. In spring we moved to a different country to the house that we love. For the whole summer we had builders around renovating our old forge which we planned to be our workspace/studio for Everything Art. Then in September we got married and as it was a casual wedding we had the evening party in the Forge - Polish and English family all together in Wales. After that our super fast double honey moon and visiting Poland. You can imagine how busy we were and how much we appreciate to have a few quiet moments now, at the end of the year, with our sweet friends Finn and Andrzej in Ireland. 


New Years resolutions? Well, there is only one - to be happy. To do my best to be happy. This means doing things that make me happy of course and one of them is to continue to art journal every day. I'll be doing that again! Follow my Instagram to see how I'm doing. The other thing that makes me happy is to travel with my Jamie and I think that it's going to work well in 2017. I hope so! 

Thank you all for visiting my blog in 2016 and for leaving your sweet comments here. I really appreciate that! 

2 comments:

  1. Kasia, Thank you for sharing an insight into your 2016, it was a joy to read and I especially loved the photos of Figa!
    On seeing you name your paper prayer flag as your favourite class of 2016 I had to comment because that class touched me so much. I was unable to keep up with the tutorials at Wanderlust (all downloaded) but I immediately watched this class. It resonated so much with me that I had to create my own which I subsequently submitted to Somerset Studio and (with disbelief!) it is in the latest issue. Of course I mentioned Wanderlust - I am eagerly awaiting my copy to arrive!
    Thank you for Wanderlust. As someone who has not been able to attend workshops/classes, it is incredible to have access to such an art venture.
    New Year Wishes,
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting year, full of firsts! I hope 2017 is just as exciting and fulfilling x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive